JUNE 2016 PRESIDENT’S MESSAGE
Have you voted for next year's officers yet? June is the month for elections, Life Member inductions, scholarship awards to students and the start of summer. Our Section does not have general lunch meetings in July and August. However, the Section leadership does meet to plan for the upcoming year.
If you are interested in working on a committee, please contact me or anyone on the Section Board. We need volunteers for the following:
- House Committee, Kyle Wood
- Report Card Committee, Cory Jones
- Sustainable Committee Representatives, Leanne Hammond
- National Engineers Week Committee (NEW), Craig Shannon
- Government Relations Committee (GRC), John Harris
- Website/Newsletter Committee, Kristeen Evans
- Membership Committee (currently only one member), Mark Hill
- Golf Tournament Committee, Craig Shannon & YMF Members
- Seminars, Randy Hill
- Annual Awards Event, Jeff Cooper, Vice President
We are able to get things done by the generous work of volunteers.
The current House Committee (Kyle Wood and Andrew Frost) would like to move on to do other tasks in the Section. House Committee are the people that greet you and check you into the lunch meeting, take and count the money and write receipts. Being on this committee is a good way to get to know member names. I know that I remember most people's names from my time on the House Committee.
The committee Chairs are shown in the list. If you are interested in helping out or just want to know more information, then contact the Chair and they can explain what is involved.
The one thing I would like to see started back up is the Life Member Forum. The Life Members had breakfast once a month to discuss ASCE and other items. As with any effort in a volunteer organization, this needs a champion. Does any life member want to volunteer?
This is our annual plea to ask for your help with making this Section great. Without volunteers our Section does not function. With everyone's help we can accomplish many great things.
Mark H. Webb, P.E.
San Diego Section President